Surveying, Mapping and GIS

Exploring all aspects of mapping and geography, from field data collection, to mapping and analysis, to integration, applications development and enterprise architecture...

  • Geospatial Technology, End to End...

    Exploring all aspects of mapping and geography, from field data collection, to mapping and analysis, to integration, applications development, enterprise architecture and policy

Jazz on a Sunday Afternoon

Posted by Dave Smith On 3/04/2007 10:00:00 AM 0 comments


I added a new thing to my blog sidebar - I downloaded a nifty gizmo from last.fm, called audioscrobbler. It lets me share what I'm listening to with others, by providing a web service that feeds current tracks being played in WinAmp, Windows Media Player or others.

Growing up, we always had eclectic tastes in music, and there was always some jazz in the house - Oscar Peterson, Dave Brubeck, and others... I have since acquired a taste for bop and funk-flavored jazz, Hammond B3 organ, sax, guitar, and other goodies - I enjoy Medeski, Martin and Wood, Hank Mobley, Cannonball Adderley, Wes Montgomery, Papa Grows Funk, Stanton Moore, Galactic, Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, John Scofield, Jimmy Smith, Jack McDuff, Joshua Redmon, Eddie Lockjaw Davis, and quite a few others...

I found that when I was studying, writing papers, and other kinds of intellectual pursuits, with many late nights listening to WRTI / Temple University Radio (especially B.P. with the G.M. and others...) and when trying to put myself in a groove to get things done, Jazz always fit the bill. Instrumental, my mind gets into the rhythm without being distracted by lyrics...

I have a collection of well over a thousand CDs, and also love being able to tune WRTI in when I am on the road, and another great thing is Pandora, which lets me create a customized radio station, designed after my own particular tastes... If you enjoy jazz, tune in...

0 Response for the " Jazz on a Sunday Afternoon "

Search