Surveying, Mapping and GIS

Exploring all aspects of mapping and geography, from field data collection, to mapping and analysis, to integration, applications development and enterprise architecture...

  • Geospatial Technology, End to End...

    Exploring all aspects of mapping and geography, from field data collection, to mapping and analysis, to integration, applications development, enterprise architecture and policy

An almost-bad that turned out good...

Posted by Dave Smith On 12/18/2005 12:42:00 AM 0 comments

Earlier tonight, we went out to a christmas party to visit some friends... Coming back out to the car after the party, I was loading the car up and getting my 3-year-old son into the car seat. In the process of putting things in the car, trying to keep myself and my son from slipping on ice, I tossed the car keys into the front seat of the car to free up my hands, as I have so many times done before. As it was, I was going to have to pull the car out from where it was parked to even let my wife get in without killing herself.

Somehow...

As I get my son buckled into the car seat, I slam the door, only to discover that MY DOOR WAS LOCKED! For that matter, all the doors were locked. Somehow, the remote must have actuated when I put the keys in the front seat.

So there I was for a moment, looking at my keys sitting right there on the front seat, with my son looking quizzically at me, strapped securely into his seat in the back.

Fortunately in a few minutes we were able to talk him through getting himself unbuckled, climbing up front to my seat, and after unsuccessfully trying the handle, got him to try pushing the buttons on the fob- which opened the rear hatch. I was then able to get in through the hatch and retrieve the keys to pop the rest of the doors.

Aidan saves the day!


Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , ,

Categories:

0 Response for the " An almost-bad that turned out good... "

Search